Deposit and Billing Policy
At the end of your consultation, we take a deposit to secure your appointment spots and start working on your design (generally either $60 to one hour of the artists rate, or more at the artists discretion for large-scale designs). We have a copy available here for your reference, of our policies on changes and cancellations to your design or appointment. Thank you for your cooperation in this as short notice changes to our schedule cause us to lose tattooing and drawing time, when other clients are waiting for availabilities as well. We truly appreciate your understanding.
A tattoo deposit is paid after a consultation with an artist to begin work on a tattoo design, and to hold a tattoo appointment thereafter. The amount of the deposit equal to one hour of the artist's hourly rate. (Hourly rates vary by artist and currently range $120-$250/hour)
In signing this agreement I acknowledge and agree as follows:
All tattoo deposits are non-refundable.
For multi-session tattoos, the deposit will be held as payment towards the last session of the tattoo.
Upon paying a deposit I acknowledge that I have communicated my tattoo design idea to the artist to my satisfaction, and have reviewed the artist's prior works to decide that the artist can implement my idea to my satisfaction. I understand that creating a tattoo design based on a client's concept is subjective, and that variations may exist between my concept and the finished design. If the finished design is not to my liking, minor changes will be made at the artist's discretion. However, I understand that substantial changes to the design or the request of an entirely new drawing or draft will require a new deposit, and the original deposit will be forfeited as payment for the artist's drawing time.
No Drawings or drafts are emailed or otherwise previewed to clients before their scheduled appointment time.
A deposit will also be forfeited in full in the case of:
- I do not appear for a tattoo appointment;
- I cancel or reschedule an appointment without giving at least 48 hours notice;
- I arrive more than 20 minutes late to a tattoo appointment;
- I reschedule 3 or more times for any sessions of the same tattoo, regardless of notice;
- I fail to reschedule a new appointment within 30 days of a cancelled appointment;
- I arrive to a tattoo appointment without government-issued identification.
I understand that I will be billed at the artist’s current hourly rate, starting at my scheduled appointment time, for all tattooing and tattooing related services, including, but not limited to:
- Time used to edit or resize the tattoo design if needed;
- Time used to apply tattoo stencils to the body;
- Time used to assemble tattoo equipment and open sanitary supplies in front of me, or to replenish necessary supplies during the tattoo session;
- All breaks during the tattoo appointment requested by me;
- Lateness on my part of 1-20 minutes for any reason.
- Any touch-up work needed as a result of negligent aftercare of the tattoo, or any touch-up work requested 6 months or more after the initial application of the tattoo.
Client Signature Date Deposit Amount/Hourly Rate